Bob Gnaizda Youth Leaders Program
Bob Gnaizda Youth Leaders is inspired by the legacy of civil rights lawyer Bob Gnaizda, who was General Counsel for the National Diversity Coalition. It’s a six-month long mentorship program for teenagers and young adults interested in activism and leadership. It culminates in a trip to Washington DC, where the students meet with congresspeople, senators, and regulators to discuss their issues.
We are currently taking applications for our 2022/2023 program which will begin in November of 2022 and finish with a multi-day trip to Washington DC in March or April of 2023. If interested in participating, please fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
The Bob Gnaizda Youth Leadership Program is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors:
Bob Gnaizda, renowned and accomplished crusader for the underdog, mentored generations of young people with leadership potential. Now we invite you to carry on his legacy by applying to be a Bob Gnaizda Youth Leader
What will you gain from the BGYL Program?
• A free trip to Washington DC to meet powerful leaders
• Experience with advocacy and leadership
• Meeting other like-minded young people
• The ongoing support of a powerful network of experienced advocates and community leaders
How will you learn with us?
• Attend one or two group meetings by zoom per month in October through March led by the BGYL team and community leaders
• Explore current issues and advocacy work
• Work with your group to focus on important issues and brainstorm ideas to bring to lawmakers
• Travel with our National Diversity Coalition advocacy team to Washington DC this spring
Who should apply?
We are looking for 6-7 high school or college undergraduates who:
• Care about issues affecting their communities
• Like working collaboratively to solve big problems
• Have an interest in politics and lawmaking
• If this sounds like you, apply using the form below