The National Diversity Coalition’s mission is to:
• Expand homeownership to low/moderate income families;
• Expand micro and small business lending, including SBA lending, to minority-owned businesses and youth entrepreneurs;
• Develop innovative and robust financial education programs, youth job training, youth entrepreneurial efforts; and
• Advance the participation of minority church, minority chambers of commerce and minority grassroots non-profits in helping enforce a broad range of consumer rights consistent with faith-based principles.
In addition, the National Diversity Coalition will be:
• Coordinating all energy efficiency and conservation programs for the coalition, including efforts to achieve Governor Brown’s 50% renewable energy goals within 15 years;
• To achieve the objectives of the FCC relating to broadband, telecommunications and cable efforts;
• The FTC’s consumer and antitrust activities;
• The Department of Justice’s civil rights activities;
• The monthly meetings with the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice; and
• Consumer activities of all of the bank regulators both state and federal; and
• Working closely with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
This includes quarterly meetings in D.C. with the regulators, such as the recent meetings with the Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew, Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen, FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez, Comptroller of the Currency Tom Curry, FDIC Chairman Martin Gruenberg, the Director of FHFA, Mel Watt, the Director of the CFPB, Richard Cordray, and SEC Chairwoman Mary Jo White.
In addition, the NDC will be scheduling frequent legislative meetings with the leadership within the Republican and Democratic parties in the Senate and House and will be coordinating similar activities with Republicans and Democrats at the State Senate and Assembly level.